So...last week I had my first business trips....1 to Yogyakarta & the other to Surabaya. These 2 days were very interesting and tiring....no Yogyakarta is not the land of Yogurt like many have asked me!!!!! Hehehe.....soooo funny!!!!! It is an amazing place actuall in central Java that has some temples.....I was able to see quickly a Hindu Temple called Prambanan and it was really beautiful....I am very excited to go back there sometime soon so I can see Borobadur as it is suppose to be really spectacular....oh...forgot to mention that the most active volcano in the world is in this area....Merapi!!!!
Surabaya was the real adventure this week....I arrived in Surabaya with my new co-worker Theresia....we walked off the airplane and into the terminal....everyone was staring at me like I was an alien fresh off my spaceship.....it was sooo funny....people were following us around and Theresia was telling that they were in shock and could not believe to see a white person....when we stopped to get water in a very rural area, everyone was waving at me saying "Hilo" instead of hello...close enough....it was cute, charming, and funny all at the same time. I have never felt so out of place in my life, but not uncomfortable at all!!!!!!! Was a really nice experience!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment